he Public Benefit Organisation of Kavala is one of the most important “instruments” of the Municipality of Kavala. Its responsibilities involve implementing Tourism Development projects, Cultural Action projects, athletic and European programmes, to putting into action development policies. Dimofelia operates for the benefit of every citizen and strives not to just implement actions for them, but also to involve them in these actions. More precisely, the work of the organisation is done by its following seven departments, which are staffed mainly with experienced personnel:
- The General Administration Department
- The Administration & Financial Management Department
- The Sports & Education Department
- The Cultural Tourism & Communications Department
- The Cultural Department
- The Development & Environment Department
- The Exploitation Department
The main objectives of the municipal organisation include:
- total development of the area
- undertaking activities related to cultural development, organisation and carrying out of cultural and recreational activities
- implementing educational, development and research programmes
- managing the urban environment, promoting sustainable development and environmental awareness
- athleticism and education development
- cultural tourism development
- undertaking and implementing European programmes
- operating and developing the Municipal Market
- parking area construction and exploitation
- real estate utilisation and exploitation
- public transportation
- publications editing
- promoting local traditional products
- providing therapeutic baths services
Dimofelia is also responsible for managing the following infrastructures:
- The Tourist Information Centre
- The Municipal Market of Kavala
- The Municipal Mud Baths of Krinides
- The Centre of Creative Activities for children with disabilities
- The Castle of Kavala
- The Municipal Dance School of Kavala
- The Municipal Training Centre of Kavala
The personnel have experience in:
- Urban and Regional planning.
- Searching European and national grants and submitting proposals.
- Managing financial and physical object European Programmes.
- Event and Conference organisation.
- Providing consultant services to the unemployed and support services to vulnerable social groups.
- Organising and participating in tourism exhibitions.
- Editing and managing promotional touristic material of the area.
- Editing and managing promotional cultural material of the area.
- Managing tourist resources.
- Managing cultural resources.
- Property management.
- Organising regular and special celebration events (Christmas, Carnival, Mini Basketball, etc.).
- Reviewing the general performance of all the activities of the organisation, according to the corresponding regulations and especially the Financial Management Regulation.
- Monitoring and complying with the processes relating to personnel matters and the personnel regulation of the organisation.
- Monitoring and processing of payroll.
- Procurement – asset – warehouse – material management.
- Complying with laws, decisions and the general regulations of the state in terms of personnel and labour relations, in general.
Municipal Public Benefit Organisation of Kavala
“Dimofelia” Development & Environment Department
117 Omonoia Str., 654 04 Kavala
Ypsilanti Vassiliki Zafeiria
+30 2510 83 13 88 (Extension 2)
+30 6937 377 401
(0030) 2510 83 13 78