The Municipality of Warsaw is active in the area of sports in 3 main fields:
- In sports and recreation programmes for children, teenagers and citizens, mainly with the following programmes: Sport Talent, From Play to Sport, Seniors Elders and More Actives, Summer in the City with Sport, Warsaw Youth Olympic Games.
- In sports facilities, with the most recent one being the Football Stadium with a capacity of 35,000 viewers, open fields in every area and sport facilities in the schools of every neighbourhood.
- In organising and supporting large sport events of international reputation, like: competitions and cups in various sports, UEFA EURO 2012, regular events that promote sports (like Run Warsaw, Run of Independence) and other sport events that are carried out all year round.
Additionally, the city of Warsaw emphasises on the area of sports for youth. The Municipality implements many interesting new projects which are aimed at exercising the youth, such as:
- The Sport Talent for teenager athletes, at which teenagers from the 150 best sport associations of Warsaw run, with 5,700 participants annually.
- The harmonic body development programme for toddlers in kindergartens, which is participated by 50 kindergartens in Warsaw and 2,000 participants annually.
- The From Play to Sport programme organises championships and sport classes for children aged 7 – 9. It is carried out by primary schools, based on games and basic sport activities and has 30,000 participants annually.
- The Syrenki “mermaids” for the young and adults, which is a sport activity taking place in the open sport fields in different parts of Warsaw, with 1,000 participants per day on average.